Our first day on Friday went well, and so did Saturday. Basically, we eat raw for the first two meals and eat some cooked food with our dinner. So far, baked potatoes have been easy!
I also made a dish with some frozen peas and chopped fresh tomatoes thrown into warm rice. I also added a drizzle of olive oil and fresh basil. That was a nice dinner dish.
This afternoon, I sliced tomatoes and avocado and laid them out on a platter. On top I sprinkled olive oil and pear vinegar with some fresh pepper--that was delicious!
For dessert I am making a fresh coconut-banana-cherry "ice cream" that I think will be yummy. I will probably make a base of blenderized cashew nuts and filtered water and then blend all of the ingredients in the VitaMix before freezing it in my countertop Simac Gelataio (ice cream maker).
I've also discovered several videos on raw food on the Youtube site, so I have started to watch those. Today I have been watching one done at Google in New York with Matt Amsden and David Wolfe and it has been very interesting. Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP1cbreDw7U
Happy Eating!
Kristen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kristen,
Would you be able to post your ice cream recipe, please. My husband and children love ice cream, and if we can try these that you say are so very good, it would be very good for our health.
Kristin in Canada
Post a Comment