
These sushi rolls were fun and easy to make. I could see kids really enjoying making these as long as the parent in charge wasn't too picky about how they turned out!
Finding raw nori is very difficult (the only source I found was a business in Hawaii) so I used the toasted ones and they certainly have a lovely smell. I wanted to wait until I bought one of the those bamboo stick mats that the sushi chefs use to roll up their sushi, but Alissa Cohen didn't use one so it gave me courage to try it myself.
Here's my "recipe":
Lay down a Nori sheet and leaving about 1/2" of a margin, spread some light Miso across one end of the paper. Then spoon a few tablespoons of not tuna pate over the Miso. Pile on some sprouts and some grated carrot or whatever else you want (you can get very imaginitive!) and carefully and as tightly as you can roll up the Nori paper. Dip your fingers in water and wet the 1/2" end of the paper and then finish rolling. I let it sit seam down for a few minutes to let the seam bond. Then I cut it into four pieces with a serrated knife.
You can dip these in Braggs Liquid Aminos or Tamari or Soy sauce.
We served these with purple cole slaw made with shredded cabbage and carrots, raisins, honey, apple cider vinegar and some salt and pepper to taste. In addition, I baked some sweet potato "fries" using a small amount of olive oil and a few shakes of the Ranch dressing powder. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment