
This is another simple idea for a surprisingly filling meal from Raw Food Made Easy. I bought some Napa cabbage and washed and dried several leaves, cutting off the thickest part of the stem.
Then I prepared a number of filling ingredients including cucumber (use a veg peeler to make thin strips), carrot (I used my garnisher to make a pile of thin carrot strings), green onions, cilantro and sprouts (the recipe calls for mung bean sprouts but I had alfalfa sprouts). I also added avocado slices.
I placed some of each of the filling onto the base of the cabbage leaf (I "pre-rolled" the leaves to soften the thick part of the middle) and then added a spoonful of Mock Peanut Sauce. I rolled them up and placed them seam down on a plate.
I served these rolls with brown rice and miso soup. Here's the recipe for Mock Peanut Sauce, although I'll admit that I added a few spoonful's of peanut butter to mine at the end! Everyone loved it!
Mock Peanut Sauce (yields 1 cup, 4 servings)
1/2 cup raw almond butter
1/4 cup water
1 T. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. pure maple syrup or agave nectar
2 tsp. tamari
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/4 tsp grated fresh ginger
dash cayenne pepper
dash salt
Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator--will keep for 5 days, but I doubt it will last that long.
No comments:
Post a Comment