
This recipe is called Latin American Cabbage in Jennifer Cornbleet's Raw Food Made Easy, but she says that it is an "authentic Costa Rican dish" which tastes delicious with guacamole. It was a really nice variation on the cole slaw theme and so tasty I had the leftovers for breakfast this morning!
I served this with guacamole-stuffed Portobello mushrooms and baked sweet potato fries.
Latin American Cabbage
Makes 2 cups, 1 serving
1 cup shredded cabbage
1/2 ripe tomato, seeded and diced
1/4 cucumber peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced (I used an English cuc and didn't peel it)
1/2 celery stalk, diced or thinly sliced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
2 T. minced fresh cilantro (I used basil--my husband doesn't like cilantro)
1 T fresh lime juice
2 tsp. minced onion
1 1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Mix all ingredients in bowl and let marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature before serving. Will keep for two days store in sealed container in frig.
Note: I used a mandoline to thinly slice the cucumber and the celery.
No comments:
Post a Comment