I just finished watching Alissa Cohen's DVD "Living on Live Food" which I really enjoyed, although it was a bit long (2 DVD, 3 1/2 hours). I tried one of her recipes today and LOVED it! I don't know what she calls it in her recipe book, but you take portobello mushrooms and remove the stems. Then you fill the caps with guacamole and add a few toppings such as tamari sauce or Braggs Aminos, capers, salsa etc. It was delicious and filling! I also served a green salad with sliced sunchokes--a new veggie that I saw at Trader Joe's this morning. Then I took Belgian Endive leaves, filled them with hummus and topped each with some alfalfa sprouts. For dessert I made "Fudge Balls" (recipe following). The entire meal was very yummy and filling, but I didn't feel tired afterwards.
Kristen’s Instant Fudge Balls
1 cup nuts (almonds, pecans, pine nuts), finely ground in food processor.
Add 8 Medjool dates, pitted. Process.
Add ¼ cup cocoa powder, ¼ cup honey and process until it makes a sticky dough. By teaspoonfuls, roll into balls and roll in ground nuts or flaked coconut.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kristen:
I love the recipes! Keep 'em comin'!
I was wondering if you might do a couple blog entries on where you get your kitchen gadgets and the diet dvd's etc. Where do you find this stuff?
And I was also wondering if you might do an entry on how to make a raw food diet more affordable. Some of us live in "flyover" country and don't have as great an access to organic food unless we grow it ourselves.
I know that this is your blog (and I love it) but I know this would be helpful to me. :)
Sandra, who's dreaming of spring!
Sure, Sandra. I'll be happy to add some posts on kitchen gadgets and the affordability issue.
Post a Comment