
Last night I tried the raw foodist's answer to the ever popular staple of tuna salad. I used Jennifer Cornbleet's recipe but then added alfalfa sprouts, as shown in Alissa Cohen's DVD. Stuffed in a large tomato, it was a delicious part of our dinner last night. We also served more kale salad, using organic Dinosaur kale this time, which I bought at Whole Paycheck Foods. I rarely go there, but where else are you going to find Dinosaur kale?
Not Tuna Pate
(makes 2 servings)
1/2 cup soaked raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup soaked raw almonds
2 T. water
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 T. minced celery
1 T. minced onion
1 T. minced fresh parsley
Jennifer advises to process the nuts (which can be soaked together, btw), water, salt and lemon juice first and then add the other ingredients, but I just threw them all into the food processor and let 'er rip!
I also added a few sprinkles of ranch dressing mix powder as a bit of a cheat!
If you store this in a sealed container in the frig, it will keep for 5 days. You can use this for various recipes.
Not Tuna Pate
(makes 2 servings)
1/2 cup soaked raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup soaked raw almonds
2 T. water
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 T. minced celery
1 T. minced onion
1 T. minced fresh parsley
Jennifer advises to process the nuts (which can be soaked together, btw), water, salt and lemon juice first and then add the other ingredients, but I just threw them all into the food processor and let 'er rip!
I also added a few sprinkles of ranch dressing mix powder as a bit of a cheat!
If you store this in a sealed container in the frig, it will keep for 5 days. You can use this for various recipes.
No comments:
Post a Comment