I received my Raw Food Made Easy DVD yesterday and sat down to watch Jennifer Cornbleet teach me how to prepare tasty raw food dishes. I absolutely loved the DVD! If you go to www.learnrawfood.com you can preview her DVD and her book as well.
I got very courageous and tried her Mediterranean Kale salad, only I substituted red chard which I already had. It was delicious and I had leftovers for lunch today. I think I could eat this salad several times a week no problem. There are two tricks to making kale and other "tough" greens into a delightful salad greens. First, you need to take off the stems and roll the leaves up lengthwise as tightly as you can, like a cigar (although I have no experience at rolling cigars!). Then you chop the kale or chard into thin strips called chiffonade by the French.
Second, after you have a bowlful of greens, you add the lemon juice, olive oil and salt and with your hands, massage the dressing into the greens. They will go from stiff to tender in just a minute or so. Add in the other salad components and you're ready to serve. This is a yummy way to eat more super nutritious green leafies!
2 small bunches kale, stems removed
2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup raw pine nuts
1/4 cup black olives, sliced (I omitted these)
Dash of black pepper (I also tossed in some Greek Seasoning)
Store in seal container in the frig and it will keep for 3 days.
Variation: Omit the red bell pepper and olives. Add 1/4 cup golden raisins instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment