I think I'm ready! Yesterday I came home from Costco and PCC (a natural foods market) loaded with baby spinach, mixed salad greens, romaine lettuce, avocados, carrots (for juicing), cucumbers, tomatoes and tons of fruit, including apples, oranges, bananas, and nectarines.
In the last few weeks, I have read and tried new "raw" recipes and penned a basic daily plan. Breakfast will include green smoothies made with greens and fruit and some flax seed. I'm also planning to include a special oil blend called Udo's 3-6-9 Blend of omega fatty acids. In addition, we'll enjoy some nutty germinated buckwheat drizzled with raw honey.
Lunch will be a lovely salad based on sprouted legumes and leafy greens. I plan to include avocado on most days, when they're in season as well as an assortment of other raw veggies.
Dinner will feature a baked potato of some sort or a grain dish made with rice, millet or quinoa. Sides will include lightly steamed broccoli or carrots and some other sort of "living salad".
Fruit will provide desserts and snacks.
This initial phase of our "diet intervention" is more limited, but eventually we will add in a greater variety of foods. Right now we are focused on maximum healing for my husband John who is living with cancer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment