
Years ago when I was on the Weight Watcher's diet, I bought myself a nice electronic scale. Now I am using it everyday!
Our goal is to feed my husband 1 pound of leafy greens and 2 pounds of non-starchy veggies each day. Sometimes in the morning, as I am cutting up and peeling vegetables, weighing them and tossing them in the Rubbermaid "salad trough" that my husband takes to work, I feel like a zookeeper preparing food for the primates. :-)
But here's the point--unless we were using the scales, he would never be eating this much salad. The goal really helps to drive up his consumption of healthy greens and vegetables. Thankfully, he has gotten used to it and is able to eat more than he did during the first few days of our mostly raw experiment. I had to originally scale back to a lunch of 8 oz of salad greens and only 1 lb of veggies. Now he chews his way through 12 oz of greens (he gets the other 4 oz in his breakfast smoothie) and a full 2 lbs of veggies! When he brings home the empty tub, I do a little cheer for him! :-)
If you are trying to get more greens and veggies into your diet, I would challenge you to make a daily goal of how many ounces/pounds you want to consume and then start to use a set of scales. Eating fresh raw food is not what most of us are used to and having a goal is very helpful in changing both our preferences and our habits.
Our goal is to feed my husband 1 pound of leafy greens and 2 pounds of non-starchy veggies each day. Sometimes in the morning, as I am cutting up and peeling vegetables, weighing them and tossing them in the Rubbermaid "salad trough" that my husband takes to work, I feel like a zookeeper preparing food for the primates. :-)
But here's the point--unless we were using the scales, he would never be eating this much salad. The goal really helps to drive up his consumption of healthy greens and vegetables. Thankfully, he has gotten used to it and is able to eat more than he did during the first few days of our mostly raw experiment. I had to originally scale back to a lunch of 8 oz of salad greens and only 1 lb of veggies. Now he chews his way through 12 oz of greens (he gets the other 4 oz in his breakfast smoothie) and a full 2 lbs of veggies! When he brings home the empty tub, I do a little cheer for him! :-)
If you are trying to get more greens and veggies into your diet, I would challenge you to make a daily goal of how many ounces/pounds you want to consume and then start to use a set of scales. Eating fresh raw food is not what most of us are used to and having a goal is very helpful in changing both our preferences and our habits.
No comments:
Post a Comment