Who doesn't love pizza? Well, my Raw Food Gourmet book has a raw version that just might work. I tried it and I was happy enough that I will try it again to improve upon it.First you have to soak and germinate buckwheat. Then you put the buckwheat (about 2 1/2 cups) into the food processor with some olive oil and seasonings and make a batter which you form into pizza rounds on top of dehydrator mats. I let them dehydrate for at least 8 hours, but although they were tasty, they were much too crumbly.
My next attempt will involve flax seed. If you add it to very hot water, it will make a gelatinous mass that substitutes for egg whites in vegan recipes. Why not in raw pizza rounds?
These "pizza-kinda's" were topped with pesto sauce (made with peas), tomato sauce, mushrooms and marinated (and probably not raw, but I had them in my frig) artichoke hearts. Guacamole would taste yummy on these as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment