This little invention was a bit hit at our house! I was making various dishes to use as samples at a "super nutrition cooking class" that I coordinated. After preparing food all day long, I looked around and realized that I hadn't made anything for my own family's dinner. I had some extra peanut sauce and some extra Napa and red cabbage. Then I went hunting! I found some green onions, golden raisins, cashews and carrots. I shredded the cabbages and carrot and added the sliced green onions, raisins and cashews, then mixed in the peanut sauce. Everyone loved it! As an afterthought, some mandarin orange slices would also be delicious. Serve this salad with with spring rolls or vegetarian sushi and you've got a filling meal!
Peanut Sauce Cole Slaw
1/2 head Napa cabbage, chopped
1/2 head red cabbage, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and shredded
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 cup peanut sauce
Peanut Sauce (you should play with this)
1 cup organic peanut butter
1 1/2 T. soy or tamari sauce
2 T. honey or maple syrup to taste (I used honey)
a few shakes of garlic salt
a shake of cayenne
1 T. fresh grated ginger
1/2 cup water to thin it to desired consistency
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment