
When I asked my husband if this diet was as hard as he had originally anticipated, he surprised me by saying, "Yes." It turns out that the hard part is trying to eat the huge "trough" of salad every afternoon and not having any bread.
So today, we sent leftovers from dinner last night (baked potato, steamed brocolli and raw carrot salad and fruit) in his lunch box and I made my first batch of "live flax seed crackers." It was quite a process! I used a recipe that I got from our library--it's a little homemade booklet by Igor Boutenko entitled "Igor's Live Flat Bread" which you can order from their website http://www.rawfamily.com/.
It took me about 1 1/2 hours to get it all mixed up and onto the dehydrator trays. The ingredients are carrots, celery, onions, garlic, raisins, salt, coriander seed, caraway seed, ground flax seed, water and salt. My Excalibur dehydrator is humming away as I type. Unfortunately I didn't get started early enough, so I'll be up late turning these crackers over. But, it will be nice for my husband to have something "breadlike" to chew on!
No comments:
Post a Comment