Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Mongolian Grill Hangover

Talk about the morning after! Last night I joined two galpals for a fun, conversation-filled dinner at the Mongolian Grill. I chose it because I knew I could get a totally vegan dinner there. I asked them to use water instead of oil on the grill and it all looked lovely...

But this morning I awoke feeling like a train had hit me. I'm a morning person, so getting up at 5:30 is no problem because my body naturally awakes at about 5:00 am. But this morning I felt hammered!

Every book I've ever read about raw food eating always carries the warning that you will become more sensitive to cooked and processed foods, but until now I hadn't experienced it for myself. I figured as long as I wasn't 100% raw, I could have my little forays with no consequences.

As I look back, it must have been the sauces they put on, in addition to the sheer bulk of cooked food. I asked for a little bit of teryaki and a little bit of plum sauce. I will be more careful in the future!

No comments: